Locks on doors are required. Like no other equipment or gadget, they give safety and security. They serve as a barrier, helping to keep your facilities and workstation secure and private. When looking for locks for your business, efficiency is crucial. Almost 2 million homes are broken into; thus, knowing the major distinctions between the different types of door locks can help you make smarter decisions for your facilities. If you work as a locksmith or in the lock installation industry, understanding these data can help you make better decisions for your clients. Similarly, when you store your files in storage compartments, you may want the best cabinet locks available to ensure the security of documents.
Types of locks
Locks come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. The following are some of the types:
- Knob Locks: The knob lock is the most common type of door lock and the primary form of security for most doors. The lock cylinder is located in the knob rather than the door. Knob locks should not be used on outside doors since they are simple to break into with a hammer or wrench.
- Deadbolt Locks: A deadbolt lock provides the finest protection against burglary or break-in. Lock bolts are moved without the need for spring by rotating a knob or key. Deadbolts feature a one-of-a-kind locking mechanism that can survive hammering, drilling, and physical attacks. With a knife or other hand device, they are impossible to open.
- Padlocks: Free-standing locks, such as padlocks, are a sort of free-standing lock. They are moveable, which implies that, unlike other lock types, they are not permanently attached to a door or anything that employs them. They feature a shouldered shackle, which means the padlock shoulders raise the sides of the shackle, making it impossible for bolt cutters to cut through.
Perks of using a lock
There are many reasons which can advocate the good side of the business. Some of the important ones are:
- A lock keeps your home and your family safe from all foreign entities, i.e., any kind of ‘people.’
- Locks also gives a sense of security to the owners as it protects the house from any break-in.
- Also, if you have the means to get a fully smart door, you can enjoy all the benefits of a modern lock which stats range from fingerprint to retina scans.
Said, there are a wide variety of locks available, ranging from simple cabinet locks to very complex cabinet locks. Locks, in any event, have been safeguarding our homes and belongings for a long time and will do so in the future.